Welcome! We hope you enjoy your stay with us in The Bear’s Den Chalet!
Hosted by: The Perfect Place To Stay: https://ThePerfectPlaceToStay.com
ACCESS & UNIT ADDRESS INFORMATION:
- 742-B Tina Ct. Stateline NV 89449
- In case of Emergency: dial 911 – there is no telephone land line in the unit
- WI-FI Code: ABCDE12345
- Toy Box Code: 0728
- Bike Lock Codes: 7422 or BIKE (we change them)
- Fire Extinguisher located on each floor
HOUSE, HOA, & RENTAL PERMIT RULES:
- Our home, Deck, yard, garage, Carport, and ALL AREAS are completely non-smoking.
- Quite Time is 10PM to 9AM
- Neighbors should not hear noise, music, or any disturbing incidents
- If you have brought a pet – there cannot be incessant barking – See pet rules below
- Please report if you break anything n the unit – or if there is anything not working for you to us asap so we might repair or replace it.
- Please close and lock all doors and windows when leaving the unit for any length of time
- Parking IN WINTER (October – April) with snow:
- You MUST use the parking pass and place it on the driver’s side dashboard – information up
- SEE PARKING INFO BELOW
HOUSE SPECIFIC & OPERATING INFORMATION:
- There is a motion senor light for the steps and walkway.
- Be careful at night and on ice!
- Your door code for entry into the unit has been sent to you on the day of arrival.
- To open the door, you simply press the “Schlage” button and then once the pad lights up – your code
- To lock the door, please just press the Schlage button when the door is closed securely.
NOTE: If there is an orange light or the lock runs low on battery (is slow) please let us know!
- Sometimes outages occur and especially in severe Tahoe weather. It is also handy for a nighttime dog walk. We supply a flashlight on the hook by the front door.
- Please return it to the hook when done. We keep extra batteries in the unit, too
Bears & Other Wild Animals: IMPORTANT!!!
Yes, they are here in our Neighborhood and throughout Lake Tahoe and they LOVE our yard/area. Please follow these rules to ensure safety for all… YEAR ROUND
- They hibernate in the winter months – but have been seen in any season. Close all doors and windows in the evenings and when you leave.
- Do not leave ANY food outside, on the porch or in your car – bring it ALL inside. No coolers, no dog food – NOTHING. Animals will destroy your car and our property to get at food.
- There is a dumpster if you need to take the trash out before your departure. See Trash information Below
- They are beautiful but from a distance – do not get to close when there is not a window or wall separating you. Be alert (they call this Bear Aware) they can be around a corner!
- Other Wild Animals include Coyotes, Wolves, Deer, Racoons, and more. They can , will and have eaten dogs, cats, and more. BE ANIMAL SMART AND AWARE.
- Always keep your pet on a leash and with you.
Garbage / Trash Information:
- The kitchen trash bin is in the cabinet to the right of the stove. If you have more garbage than our large bin holds during your stay, please take out the trash.
- Our area (Summit Village) has 1 large dumpster Area for you to access.
- It is located near the end of Tina Ct. on the left side of the street (about 500 yards) if you walk downhill (toward the Lake) on our street from our home.
- These bins are monitored, and bear proofed.
- Do not leave any trash outside of the bins
- Please do not leave garbage outside the unit – anywhere – at any time. We have bear and other wildlife that will seek it out.
- Do not leave food, trash, smelly coolers, or anything that might attract bears and wildlife on the deck, walkway, in your car, or in our yard.
- Please take your trash out when you depart and make sure it goes inside the dumpsters.
Pets: We LOVE our PETS! Please allow us to continue to take pets by:
- Walk your pet Off Property!
- We humans use the deck, often. DO NOT let your pet relieve themselves on the deck or walkway.
- We strongly mandate that you take them for a walk and pick up after them!
- People walk on our decks, grab wood in winter and children play on it in summer.
- There are bags available down the street if you forgot yours.
- They are located around the neighborhood, including in front of the Summit Village office about 25 yards down the road – toward the lake.
- You must pick up after your pet, tie the bag tightly and through the poo out in a garbage bin
- Your pet must be always on a leash in our community!
- It is an HOA rule, but also for your pet’s safety with wild animals.
- Please clean out the dryer lint between each load or it is a fire hazard.
- Please throw away the link collected. Thank you
- There is a starter detergent for you. If you need to do more laundry or have a longer stay, you may have to purchase more
Our home is about 8200 ft. Altitude sickness can make you feel dizzy or “off” or even be more serious. Don’t over-do it if you are not used to the altitude and stay hydrated and understand altitude sickness
We store Beach Chairs, Snowshoes, and an extra propane tank for BBQ… in the Deck Box. (Lock Code Above).
- We ask that you take care of our toys and return them cleaned and put away as you found them, returning items, and locking the box when done/departing
- Please re-lock the deck box when done.
Park directly in front of the unit (either side of the street). It is first come first served. There is usually ample parking available 2 Cars Max.
There are night lights in our home to help with arrival and night-time paths. If you unplug them, please plug them in upon departure.
- There is a propane tank attached and another (refill) in the “Toy Box” Chest outside on the deck.
- If you change the tank, please let me know so we can refill it for our next guests.
- Please clean the BBQ after use.
No Sofa Sleeping or Air Mattress:
We are strictly enforced by our permit to no more than 4 people. There are plenty of beds.
Bikes (summertime): We take no responsibility for your bike use, and we also charge for bike replacement if stolen during your use
- There is a tire pump, if need be, in the deck box
- There is also a bike ‘tool kit’ in case anything needs tightening up or changing height
- We do not supply helmets. You must bring your own.
- Please lock them when stopping somewhere
- Please lock them together and to the deck when done
WINTER SNOWSTORM INFORMATION AND PARKING:
You are staying in a winter wonderland – so there are some “Must-Do’s”!
Winter / Winter Weather: Be careful!!!
The plows and snow removal come at all times of day or night in a storm.
- You must move your car to allow the plows access every 24 hours when there has been enough snow to plow. If not, you will get a sticker on your window and WILL be towed after 48 hours
- If you do not have the parking pass with info to call – you will be towed
- Please be aware and move your car if a plow comes and you are in their path.
- The walkway & deck can get icy. BE CAREFUL
- In/after a storm, we do have a service that comes at 4+” of snow to plow and shovel the walkway (not the deck)
- Between their visits, you may encounter snow and need to shovel the deck and or walkway. The shovel is on the deck. Go to it and enjoy the experience!
- It can be icy everywhere – the steps, Deck, walkway, and driveway.
- Store Ski’s and boards on the rack outside near the gate – or on the balcony, but NOT inside please
- Do not force deck to walkway gate open/closed in snow—shovel and it works great!
- Extra blankets are in the closet, on the beds and/or in the coffee table and end table upstairs if you like/need.
Added Amenities: (Some seasonal)
- Sunscreen: We supply a bit of Sunscreen. It is SPF 30.
- For the Sweet hearted: Help yourself to the candy jar.
- Starter Amenities: We supply initial coffee, tea & soaps for dishwasher & laundry – longer stays may have to purchase more.
- Telescope: Located under the stairs.
- Please keep it dry and all parts together and in good shape – do not use when raining or snowing. The viewing will be nada plus it will ruin the telescope.
- If you have it on the deck in winter, please ensure it and you are on sure footing. It is wonderful on a clear night and there are books in the house to identify the stars and constellations.
- Snowshoes & Poles: Located in the “Deck Box” outside. Please re-case them and return them to the same locked chest when finished
- Bikes (2): Located on the deck in summer – please re-lock when finished using them with a double lock and to the fence.
- Ski / Board Rack: Located on the exterior near the gate. Please hang / leave all ski gear outside.
- Games & Books Located under the stairs in the cabinet or in the living room cabinet under the TV. Checkers is hanging on the wall next to the TV. There may be some in a dresser drawer or the coffee table, too
- Extra batteries: Are in the cabinet under the stairs
- Music: The Speaker is WI-FI / Bluetooth enabled – it is on the bookcase in the living room
- Beach Chairs: Located in the “Toy Box” Chest outside. Please return them to the same locked chest when finished. They are also good for the deck after we winterize and remove the patio furniture after the first snow.
Odds & Ends:
- Extra blankets and throws are located in the coffee table, upstairs bench, and silver nightstand upstairs are all storage bins. Help yourself
- Outdoor plates and glasses – please use the melamine (plastic) plates and cups when dining outside. They are in the blue buffet piece
- Hot water is plentiful, but it can take a few minutes to get hot in the cold winter weather.
- Fan: The fan and ceiling light switch for the same fan in the living room is to the left of the sliding glass door.
Fireplace, Firewood, & Hot Logs:
- We heat our home with our fireplace, but you can use the heater, too of course.
- To start a fire, help yourself to the wood on the back deck (in winter); if not right next to the fireplace.
- We suggest you bring fire starters in our pre-arrival information to make lighting a fire easier
- Do remove ash and use the metal bucket for the embers, keeping it on the hearth
- Hot Logs: close the fireplace door fully when leaving the unit or going to bed
- Do not remove hot logs from the fireplace
Thank you for choosing The PerfectPlaceToStay.com and caring for our home. We know you have a choice in rental homes, and we appreciate you! We love our Bear’s Den Chalet and hope you do, too!