You are Staying at our home named: The Bear’s Den Chalet
The address is: 742 B Tina CT., Stateline NV 89449 – Lake Tahoe USA
The Bear’s Den Chalet is in a quiet residential neighborhood. The large deck has wooded view and is very private. We are close to everything – a short 8-minute drive to the lake and all things south shore! Less than .2 miles to 2 Heavenly ski base areas at the top of the mountain with stunning views of the lake, CA., and NV.. We are adjacent to the Pacific Crest Trail, making us a great home base or respite from the hike. On Shuttle, near 2 Heavenly bases at top and on the PCT. Great Pub/Restaurant located just up the road toward the Heavenly Base areas: The Fox and Hound. It is great because it is open early for breakfast and serve until late night – at least 11PM! Convenience store is located adjacent to The Fox and Hound.
At the top of the Heavenly Gondola is an outdoor playground of ropes courses, ziplines and tube rides (seasonally). The Stagecoach and Boulder base areas with North Bowl are just 100 feet to the shuttle and a 5-minute ride.
Directions & Location Information
Just 1 hour from the Reno-Tahoe Airport: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/742+Tina+Ct,+Stateline,+NVfirstname.lastname@example.org,-120.1271485,10z/data=!4m19!4m18!1m10!1m1!1s0x80999a070141b84b:0xbedcd5d161d9711e!2m2!1d-119.8899946!2d38.9760076!3m4!1m2!1d-119.8232207!2d39.2930964!3s0x8099729b5abaa69f:0xd88556d53d068b5d!1m5!1m1!1s0x80993f70adbc4917:0x10401eff20af5940!2m2!1d-119.7680951!2d39.4995907!3e0
or 1.5 hours from the reno-Tahoe Airport if you travel 50 for the lakeview route: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/742+Tina+Ct,+Stateline,+NVemail@example.com,-120.1271485,10z/data=!4m19!4m18!1m10!1m1!1s0x80999a070141b84b:0xbedcd5d161d9711e!2m2!1d-119.8899946!2d38.9760076!3m4!1m2!1d-119.9275814!2d39.2877728!3s0x80996fb354ecb139:0xefe6bd79c12f1a90!1m5!1m1!1s0x80993f70adbc4917:0x10401eff20af5940!2m2!1d-119.7680951!2d39.4995907!3e0
Coming from Sacramento way, just a 2.5 hour jaunt: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sacramento,+California/742+Tina+Ct,+Stateline,+NVfirstname.lastname@example.org,-120.9751847,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x809ac672b28397f9:0x921f6aaa74197fdb!2m2!1d-121.4943996!2d38.5815719!1m5!1m1!1s0x80999a070141b84b:0xbedcd5d161d9711e!2m2!1d-119.8899946!2d38.9760076!3e0
45 minutes from the Nevada State Line at CA coming from the South off Hwy 395 (from NV state line): https://www.google.com/maps/dir/38.707665,-119.5526426/742+Tina+Ct,+Stateline,+NVemail@example.com,-121.1469169,8.88z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d-119.7794114!2d38.9298681!3s0x8099bdfd6d397457:0x9b30ecf3fbdc1956!1m5!1m1!1s0x80999a070141b84b:0xbedcd5d161d9711e!2m2!1d-119.8899946!2d38.9760076!3e0
Getting Around + PARKING/TRANSPORTATION:
- Ride Sharing and Taxis are abundant
- There is a shuttle you can walk to at end of street to ski lodges and to the lake/Hwy 50:
- Heavenly BlueGO Ski Shuttle
- Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit – TART
- RTC Flex Ride Services
- Ample street parking in front of unit and across street
- We supply snowshoes for winter outings!
- We supply bikes in the summer months!
There are so many things to do and see in Stateline NV – South Lake Tahoe and the surround – here are a few!
Annual Events: (South Lake Tahoe and we included some North Tahoe and Reno happenings), too!
- January – Eagles and Agriculture – Carson Valley: https://www.carsonvalleynv.org/eagles-ag/
- February – Superbowl Sunday viewing in Lake Tahoe: https://visitlaketahoe.com/restaurants/super-bowl-sunday-in-tahoe-south/
- May – Big Blue Music and Brews Festival: https://visitlaketahoe.com/event/big-blue-music-brews-festival/
- June – Reno Rodeo: https://renorodeo.com/
- June – Sample the Sierra: https://www.samplethesierra.com/tahoe bike ride
- July – American Celebrity Golf Championship: https://americancenturychampionship.com/
- August – Tahoe Brewfest: https://visitlaketahoe.com/attractions/brewfest/
- August – Hot August Nights: https://hotaugustnights.net
- September – Great Reno Balloon Race: https://renoballoon.com
- September – Tour de Tahoe | Bike the West: https://www.bikethewest.com/tour-de-tahoe/
- September – Reno Air Races: https://airrace.org
- September – Street Vibrations: http://roadshowsreno.com/sv_fall.php
- All Summer Long, May through September –Live at Lakeview, Free Summer Concert Series on the Beach: https://visitlaketahoe.com/event/live-at-lakeview-free-summer-concert-series-on-the-beach/all/
- All Summer Long, May through September – Summer Concert Series at Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harvey’s: https://www.ticketmaster.com/Lake-Tahoe-Outdoor-Arena-at-Harveys-tickets-Stateline/venue/189219
- All summer long – Valhalla- renaissance-faire: https://visitlaketahoe.com/events/valhalla-renaissance-faire/
- All Summer Long, June through August – Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival / : https://laketahoeshakespeare.com
- November to December – Northern Lights Festival: https://www.gotahoenorth.com/event/northern-lights-festival-3/2022-12-14/
Find these and more at: https://visitlaketahoe.com/
Nearby Restaurants and Stores We Recommend:
- Fox and Hound – Walkable in Summer: Eclectic menu but all good! BBQ and Pizza – a great post ski hang out, too. Very local
- Chart House
- Tramway Market – A fabulous little “convenience” market with all your essential needs
- Seasonally the Base Area’s offer food and shops of all types
Down the Hill – ‘Not so Nearby’ Restaurants, Stores & Other Services We Recommend… but worth a visit if you decide to venture further (or use a delivery service):
- Mott Canyon Tavern and Grill – A local’s favorite
- Sushi Pier Tahoe – We love this place for a decent and affordable sushi night
- Capisce – Italian and very good!
- McP’s Taphouse Grill– music, food, Irish pub – a local hangout
- Red Hut Café – Great Breakfast!
- A Link to others in the hood: https://www.google.com/maps/search/Restaurantsfirstname.lastname@example.org,-119.9304043,14.87z/data=!4m8!2m7!3m6!1sRestaurants!2s742+Tina+Ct,+Stateline,+NV+89449!3s0x80999a070141b84b:0xbedcd5d161d9711e!4m2!1d-119.8899946!2d38.9760076
- Spa Services: Massage on the Lake Day Spa
- Dog Dog Cat – An amazing store for your pet!
- We like the Safeway at Round Hill Village Best
- There is a Raleys on the CA side at The Village Shopping Center
- A bit further and there is a Whole Foods in the Bijou area of South Lake
- The Shops at Heavenly Village at the base on HWY 50
- Savvy – my favorite women’s fashion store in the Sierra’s
Other Landmarks & Places to Visit (Seasonally):
- Blue Warrior Cruises Lake Tahoe
- A Tram Ride
- The MS Dixie II Cruise
- Water Skiing
- Sunset and Dinner Cruises
- A Day Trip to Historic Genoa
- Emerald Bay State Park
- A Day trip around the lake – Lunch in another area
- Hikes everywhere! And in winter – X-country or snowshoe the trails
- Visit Truckee and the Railroad Museum
- River Rafting
- See a seasonal show at one of the many theaters in and around Tahoe and the hotel or casino venues
- Tahoe Maritime Museum: https://www.tahoemaritimemuseum.org/
There are tons of things to do in Tahoe – for families or romantics. Whether you’re looking for an outdoor adventure or a delicious brunch followed by some shopping, there is always something to do to brighten up your day in Tahoe.
Enjoy your visit and thank you for letting ThePerfectPlaceToStay.com Host You!