You are Staying at our home named: Soul Haven
The address is: 2040 N Volturno Rd. Palm Springs, CA 92262 USA
Directions & Location Information
Soul Haven is centrally located in the highly desirable, quiet, and inviting area known as Gene Autry – Desert Park Estates in Palm Springs. You can ride our complimentary bikes to downtown or a short 8-minute drive.
This safe and convenient neighborhood on a quiet residential street is secure and allows for a peaceful night’s sleep. Private gatherings with friends, co-workers or family in the home or backyard make for wonderful memories!
Just 10 minutes from the Palm Springs Airport: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/palm+springs+airport/2040+N+Volturno+Rd,+Palm+Springs,+CAemail@example.com,-116.551622,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x80db1c7c0bfb1c7b:0xdcc20f4d33f42890!2m2!1d-116.5070468!2d33.8303194!1m5!1m1!1s0x80db1bf5eb5151c1:0xeed1ba515ac47b91!2m2!1d-116.5149338!2d33.8475114
Coming from LAX or the southern west coast, just a 2 hour jaunt: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Los+Angeles+International+Airport,+1+World+Way,+Los+Angeles,+CA+90045/2040+N+Volturno+Rd,+Palm+Springs,+CAfirstname.lastname@example.org,-118.0168795,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x80c2b0d213b24fb5:0x77a87b57698badf1!2m2!1d-118.40853!2d33.9415889!1m5!1m1!1s0x80db1bf5eb5151c1:0xeed1ba515ac47b91!2m2!1d-116.5149338!2d33.8475114
Getting Around + PARKING/TRANSPORTATION:
- Ride Sharing and Taxis are abundant.
- Park in the driveway or on the street
- THE GARAGE HOLDS 1 CAR – But NOT an extra tall Truck or vehicle
Palm Springs Restaurants we Recommend:
We like food and are discerning. Palm springs has lots to choose from and many are ‘OK’ food on the main drag. The ones we are sharing are our personal favorites that have consistently fabulous food and we go back to over and over.
- Freddie’s Kitchen At The Cole – All Around Best! Our absolute favorite AND a good value (not yet as expensive as it should be for the food and experience!) This is our date night ‘go To’: Casual French-Global Food –and a must go-to! Amazing reviews, always specials and a great bartender: https://freddieskitchenatthecole.com/
- Elmer’s Restaurant – a throwback diner with lots of PS History! We like it for breakfast & lunch! http://www.eatatelmers.com/
- Ruben & Ozzy’s – Our local “at the bar food” hang for Lunch or dinner: https://www.rubenandozzys.com/
- Tac/Quila – Upscale Mexican: http://tacquila.com/
- Melvyn’s – Old School “Sinatra” Style Bar & Dining with Good Food. We do for the piano bar and a martini: https://www.inglesideinn.com/melvyns/
- Fiesta Market & Liquor – Best homemade Mexican food around. We take it to go for a better ambiance – you can eat there – but just a store atmosphere in a not inviting strip mall: No website – 760-832-6732: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/2020+North+Volturno+Road,+Palm+Springs,+CA/3700+E+Vista+Chino,+Palm+Springs,+CAemail@example.com,-116.5136112,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x80db1bf594798e3b:0xa91ef64df6b66b41!2m2!1d-116.5149041!2d33.8473026!1m5!1m1!1s0x80db1c7329da48ff:0x3bf425d35740aa20!2m2!1d-116.5049951!2d33.8453846
- Paul Bar/Food – In the same ugly strip mall as the Fiesta Market – This place will delight you! When you open the door, you cannot believe it is the same place you walked up to! Great for a cocktail and dinner – limited menu but good!: https://www.thepaulbarps.com/
- Wilma And Freida’s – Great Breakfast and homemade pastries!: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=local&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjht_K60oH8AhWjJ0QIHSJpCOIQgU96BAgHEAo&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wilmafrieda.com%2F&usg=AOvVaw1yJreRwQgZws0HeZcuEGcq
- Tanya’s Kitchen – A hole in the wall – and usually a line. Vegetarian/Vegan and FABULOUS FLAVORS!: http://cheftanyaskitchen.com/
- The Tropicale – Big Menu – something for everyone in a larger group, party, or celebration. Decent food, music & dancing! https://www.thetropicale.com
- Townie Bagels – http://towniebagels.com/
A Link to others in the hood: https://www.google.com/search?q=palm+springs+bars+%26+restaurants&client=firefox-b-1-d&tbm=lcl&sxsrf=ALiCzsZC8PK563SV27fKCT1yWjkX0SZTgg%3A1671306024322&ei=KBueY9GZE6CfkPIPoICNkAM&ved=0ahUKEwjRzY-PtIH8AhWgD0QIHSBAAzIQ4dUDCAg&uact=5&oq=palm+springs+bars+%26+restaurants&gs_lcp=Cg1nd3Mtd2l6LWxvY2FsEAMyBggAEAcQHjIGCAAQCBAeMgYIABAIEB46BAgjECc6BQgAEIAEOgcIIxCwAhAnOgcIABCABBANOggIABAIEAcQHjoFCAAQhgNQ9QZYqxBgtxVoAHAAeACAAWqIAZkFkgEDNy4xmAEAoAEBwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz-local#rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:[[33.85265777025615,-116.50131955512694],[33.82613747392336,-116.56569257148436],null,[33.83939865082278,-116.53350606330565],15]
Nearby Needs Stores:
- Grocery: Albertsons (760) 864-1141 – 1751 N Sunrise Way #1, Palm Springs, CA 92262
- Grocery: Stater Brothers: (760) 416-2551 – 1717 E Vista Chino, Palm Springs, CA 92262
- Walgreen’s Pharmacy (760) 864-1516 – 1700 E Vista Chino, Palm Springs, CA 92262
Palm Springs has MANY annual events – but the pop up and weekly happenings seasonally are just as fun!
- January – Palm Springs International Film Festival: https://www.psfilmfest.org/
- January – The American Express Golf Tournament: https://www.theamexgolf.com/
- February – National Date Festival: https://www.datefest.org/
- February – Palm Springs Annual Modernism Show:
- February: Annual Greek Festival:
- February – March – Sourdough Festival: https://www.123farm.com/festivals
- March – La Quinta Art Festival (Known as the largest in the world!):
- March – BNP Paribas Open Tennis Tournament:
- March-April – Palm Desert Classic Golf Championship:
- March-April – Sheep Shearing Festival: https://www.123farm.com/festivals
- April – Coachella Music Festival Week 1:
- April – Coachella Music Festival Week 2:
- April – Stagecoach Country Music Festival:
- May – July – Lavender Festival: https://www.123farm.com/festivals
- June – Splash House: https://splashhouse.com/
- June – Palm Springs International SHORTFEST Film Festival: https://www.psfilmfest.org/shortfest-2023/about-shortfesthttps://www.psfilmfest.org/shortfest-2023/about-shortfestSeptember
- August – Splash House: https://splashhouse.com/
- October – Lavender Nights: https://www.123farm.com/festivals
- October – Joshua Tree Music Festival: https://joshuatreemusicfestival.com/
- October – Palm Springs Fall Modernism: fall.palmspringsmodernism.com
- October – Famous El Paseo Golf Cart Parade: golfcartparade.com
- November – Palm Springs Pride Week: https://apps.pspride.org/ – The most fun week of the year! Music, Parade, Parties – Celebrate Love!
- November – January – Christmas Lights at 123Fram: https://www.123farm.com/festivals
- December – Holidaze:
- December – Ugly Sweater Party:
- December – Wild Lights at the Living Desert:
- Year Round (summer and winter venues differ): Palm Springs Organic Farmers Market:
- Other valley locations also on additional days of the week
For more and seasonal events go to: https://visitpalmsprings.com/events/
Landmarks, Places to Visit and Things to Do:
- Downtown Palm Springs – shop, walk, site-see, eat, drink – enjoy!
- Downtown Palm Springs Walk of Stars
- Las Palmas and neighborhood famous and inspiring home tour: https://www.gpsmycity.com/tours/famous-houses-in-palm-springs-5433.html
- Self-Guided Tour of Amazing Celebrity Homes: https://www.visitgreaterpalmsprings.com/things-to-do/?svap=24825&svat=cl&gclid=CjwKCAiA7vWcBhBUEiwAXieItgbS3fc2NlocO2JCckg6RpvjI8XaO5JFKH0YRTZMaR7F5xepm9LeyBoC2ogQAvD_BwE
- Palm Springs Art Museum
- Quad and dirt bike racing
- A pick-up game of pickleball at Demuth Park
- The Living Desert Zoo and events
- Golf! So Many Courses!
- Hike! Hiking books in the unit and online
- Note: Some may have a use fee, and many do not allow dogs. Do your homework!
- Old Town La Quinta
- El Paseo for a day and have lunch while strolling and shopping!
- Drive at the BMW Performance Center in Thermal: https://bmwperformancecenter.com/?utm_source=Advertising&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=GPSCVBMeetings21_Spotlight
- Go exploring in the valley and visit The Salton Sea
- Visit Shields Date Farm and split a date shake while you’re there: https://shieldsdategarden.com/
- Self-Guided Windmill Tours: https://www.windmilltours.com/?utm_source=visitgreaterpalmsprings&utm_medium=onlinebanner&utm_campaign=things_to_do_page&utm_content=windmill_tours
For those of you with pets:
We adore Pets and are dog owners ourselves, but the heat is intolerable for pets at times
- The Heat and Pets: Palm Springs is mixed about being pet friendly. The heat can be intolerable for pets and many places (certainly the spring-summer-fall months) dissuade you from bringing pets. We highly suggest leaving your pet with a sitter or at a kennel or make other arrangements.
- Airlines deny dogs flying to palm springs in the heat
- The temps get above 120* 4 months out of the year in PS. The ground (concrete and turf) can get to 140* and it is too hot for them to walk on. Consider this when they need to relieve themselves
- Pets cannot be in cars alone in these temps. Even with windows open, that car will heat up fast enough to cause brain damage or death in just a few minutes
- It is illegal in PS to leave your car running with the A/C on when you are not with it
- People have been known to break windows if they fear a pet’s safety or let them loose – and the law sides with the “Good Samaritan” right or wrong.
- Most restaurants discourage people from bringing them these months
- Pets are not allowed in our pool
- Dogs get sunburned too and sunscreen can be toxic for them
- Palm Springs Friendly places to go, things to do and see:
- Dog Friendly Restaurants in PS: https://www.bringfido.com/restaurant/city/palm_springs_ca_us/
- Dog Friendly Parks and Hiking in PS: https://www.visitgreaterpalmsprings.com/things-to-do/dog-friendly/dog-parks-and-hiking/Dog
- NOTE: Not all trails are Dog Friendly
- Some Trails have Fees
- Dog Friendly “off leash” Parks in PS: https://www.bringfido.com/attraction/parks/city/palm_springs_ca_us/
- Dog Friendly Activities in PS: https://www.bringfido.com/attraction/city/palm_springs_ca_us/
Enjoy your visit and thank you for letting ThePerfectPlaceToStay.com Host You!